Nose correction (u derived.a. from two Greek words meaning "nose" + "plastic", so literally translated, as "rhinoplasty") is a section of the plastic surgery that deals with correction of congenital (received on the stage of the embryogenesis) and in the course of life acquired deformities of the nose. Simply put, is a plastic surgery for the correction of the external and internal defects in the nose. One distinguishes between open, closed and non-surgical nose correction. In the cases most aesthetic and functional defects removed surgically.
First of all, a correction is performed only in connection with injuries, serious illnesses, and visible deformities. To do plastic surgery, mostly for aesthetic reasons, with the goal of changing the external nose. For example, remove a bump, reduce the tip, lift the nose, nostrils decrease, and so on. A bit of history. For the first time rhinoplasty surgeons of the old world. It was mentioned in an old manuscript of "Ayurveda" from about 1000 BC, In this document, the most of sealed facts about the medicine of the ancient world . The restoration of the face crippled is necessary in the fight wars, and people who have been disfigured in the course of the enforcement of the judgment. In this time, his history of Transplantation began. As a Material for the correction of the skin of the cheeks, or the skin in the region of the forehead. The Indian technology in the course of time so much more developed that in the middle ages, European doctors, learn, successfully operated patients.
The indication for rhinoplasty
Rinoplastiku make medical and aesthetic reasons. In other words, people just don't like how looks the nose. It can be bent or curve, large or small, wide or narrow, snub nose or long, with large or asymmetric nostrils. And it happens that your nose may have gone wrong with the birth, or by a stroke (often not breathing, and a surgery is required, the restoration of nasal breathing). There are cases when a surgery is needed to correct defects in appearance after the first unsuccessful art materials (this is considered the most difficult Operation). The process is available only to persons over 18 years (if no urgent medical indication). This is due to the fact that bone tissue is formed, and eight to ten years, and cartilaginous, and even up to twenty. Therefore, the right age for the implementation of a nose correction is from 20 to 35 years. Below you will find a description of the most common problems that men and women apply to inkerala.
Nose a man
The core of the problem: on the back there is a small nasal hump, the nose looks bulkier and his face sullen and dissatisfied. Cause: the cause may be congenital, may be after the injury, and the result of the previously laid unsuccessful correction can. Method deletion: in most of the cases in the plastic surgery bump, you remove the closed or the open method under General anesthesia. If the bridge of the nose to broad nose need to make correction with osteotomy (convergence bone backrest)
A Broad Bridge Of The Nose
The Problem: when people have a very wide nose, making the face of massive and rude. Cause: the cause may be Trauma, congenital or as a result of a failed uninstallation hump. Method of solution: open correction with osteotomy under General anesthesia. The essence of go back of this technique consists in the fact that a part of the bone is removed in the area of the backrest and then the side closer to the parts.
A crooked nose, and a violation of nasal breathing
The core of the problem: bridge of the nose asymmetrical. Because of the curvature often the person can't breathe even the nose. This Problem is related to functional indications to perform surgical correction. As the cause will appear: in the majority of cases the result of the fracture. Although it happens that the nasal septum is curved as a result of intensive growth of the skull bones in the time of growing up. Can I straighten the nose? In most cases, surgery to align the septum (the septum plastic) to make a closed procedure under local anesthesia. The essence of the Operation is shown in the following diagram. If this is not sufficient, in such cases, on a Rhino septoplasty (correction of nasal septum combined with the elimination of other defects in the shape of the nose). In the cases, if the injury is serious enough, the recourse to reconstructive plastic (more than a serious Operation, often carried out in several stages) plastic surgery of This section, the possibilities for the restoration of the nose after severe injuries and in cases of complete absence investigated. The task of the surgeon in this case is the restoration of the integrity of the bone-cartilage-basics and skin.
Everest shape of the nose
The core of the problem: bridge of the nose is too low. Because of what is in the profile, the shape of the nose is reminiscent of a Black. Cause: the cause may be congenital, may benefit through a violation, if a part was damaged bone or cartilage responsible. How can you change the Situation? The correct Form by Transplantation of costal cartilage, cartilage of the Pinna of the ear (on the outside of the ear) or by implantation of a synthetic implant.
A big nose
The core of the problem. Too large (long or wide), the nose, the face is disproportionate. Usually thickened, in such cases, a strong peak. Cause: the cause in most cases the innate character. How to solve the Problem? The character of the Operation depends on the cause (in some cases, the length of the tip, it is necessary, in the other hand, the wing of the nose is reduced, and it happens that it is necessary to remove the bump). Before you decide what you can do plastic surgeon is grasping on 3D computer simulation. Thus you can before the Operation, as the face will look like after the procedure.
The problematic shape of the tip of the nose
The Problem: hurt the right proportions of the face due to the wrong shape of the nasal tip. For example, it can be:
- Round (bulbous nose or bulbous)
- A deep set (crochet)
- Opening (inverted)
How to solve the Problem? The expiry of the Operation well thought out, depending on the nature of the problem.
- To reduce the widths of the top, it is enough to make the Dome large part of the cartilage, while others are also necessary, cut off part of the cartilage.
- Round fleshy tip needs to have more often a part of the cartilage removed, followed by the approximation of the domes, often during the Operation to reduce the wings.
- Split the tip of the nose needs to install transplant your own cartilage tissue of the patients in the area of the ears, or the ribs, or from synthetic Material.
- To narrow the tip can look because of non-compliance in connection with the loss of rigidity of the lateral legs of the cartilage. They also strengthen the application of the grafts.
- While a correction of the nasal tip, the surgeon removes part of the cartilage by cross-linking and lifts him fixing it in the new Position.
- Another surgical technique involves the strengthening of the Columella, Varro nose, a good support for the top.
- There is a third method, associated with the cutting of the inner muscles, the lace up streamlined jpg" class='imgblock right center_mob'>
- Upside-down also continue to consists of a in several ways, include the Installation of own or synthetic grafts in the area of the tip or at the root of the nose.
Large, or different nose holes
The core of the problem: disproportionate size of the nose holes (too small or too large) or significant asymmetry can have the harmony and deteriorates the appearance of the face. How to get rid of the cause? The course of the Operation depends on the source of the problem. May closure to the wing of the nose, you may need to strengthen the domes krylnyh cartilage, and in some cases, enough nose to align the septum. It happens that it is necessary to increase or decrease the long tip of the nose
Contraindications for rhinoplasty
To do the absolute contraindications, where to rhinoplasty may not include in any case:
- Diabetes mellitus I, type II
- Coronary heart disease and other serious diseases of the cardiovascular-diseases in which General anesthesia is contraindicated
- Meningitis, tuberculosis, gonorrhea, brucellosis, and other serious viral infectious diseases
- Systemic diseases: Lupus erythematosus, HIV, leprosy, and other.
- An allergic reaction to the components of anesthesia.
- Chronic diseases: cirrhosis, Hepatitis, etc.
- Bronchial Asthma
- Problems with blood clotting
- Mental Illness
Among the relative contraindications (nose correction you do if cured of the disease) include:
- Age to 18 years (correction is permissible only in the most extreme cases)
- Exacerbation of inflammatory diseases (Angina pectoris, Sinusitis, Sinusitis, Otitis Media)
- ARI, ARI
- Skin diseases
- After the age of 50 years (surgery, if there are no chronic diseases in relation to the absolute contraindications)
- Pregnancy, Lactation, Menstruation
How is the correction of the nose
Rinoplastiku make the only under General anesthesia. The duration of the procedure depends on the complexity of the Operation and ranges from 30 minutes to 2 hours. During the first consultation, the doctor 3D-modelling with the aim of a comprehensive understanding with the patient. It helps to show people what end result they can expect. If it is, what comes out, is it easier to make an informed choice. Before the Operation, the Patient must make the General and biochemical analysis of blood and urine analysis. You also need to the blood sampling for the presence of HIV and analysis for the review of blood on Prothrombin. Need an electrocardiogram, and the inspection of the competent doctors do, when it is required. Preparation of the patient in the preoperative Phase includes the following recommendations:
Two weeks before surgery:
- Alcohol carbonated)do without (especially
- Do not take the medication for the blood colors can be fluidized
- Not tan
A week before the procedure:
- You can buy all the necessary medicines
- Minimize the use of cosmetics
- You buy contact lenses to replace the glasses (for people with visual impairment)
10 hours before the Operation:
- Nothing to drink (or drink a minimal amount of liquid)
- Do not use perfume and cosmetics
- You cook the clothes that don't need to go through the head shoot
- Remove jewelry
Rehabilitation after rhinoplasty
A full recovery of the tissues after rhinoplasty comes out a year after the Operation. In order to speed up the process to avoid the healing of tissue and undesirable consequences, it is important to strictly follow the recommendation of the doctor in relation to the behavior in the post-operative Phase. The first days after the Operation, the Patient feels discomfort, which is connected with the fact that he must wear constantly to the plaster and take out Tampons in the nose. This means that the breathing dries out only through the nose, the mouth often. The temperature can be increased. You want to drink. To wash it difficult and brush the teeth. Shoot plaster and from the nose turunda before the term even not in any case possible. This could lead to unwanted deformations, increase of swelling, and problems with the healing of tissues
The first four five days the swelling will increase, and to begin to decline. In order to keep swelling, it is recommended that the first day, make a cold compress. After the removal of the plaster bandage for about two weeks he will be back to complaints, caused by a swelling of the nose. Maybe with some loss of sensitivity in the area of surgical Intervention. Blue stains are still visible. In this time, the nose is breathing easier. During the first week of the Rehabilitation of surgical nose correction are recommended to the following restrictions:
- Not too much salty, sharp, sour and other food to eat indigestible.
- Do not tilt the head down, to take a bath, to take weights (including child on the arm or Pets heavier than 5 kg.) and to do the exercises.
- Slept only on the back, on a high pillow.
They rise to the work of the person in the situation, after two-three weeks after the Operation, however, it will be necessary to avoid heavy physical work. Therefore, it is best you plan for this time of the holiday, full of rest and relaxation for a speedy recovery.
Within two months after a rhinoplasty:
- You need to periodically flush the nasal cavity
- You are not exposed to severe physical strain, Sport or go to the pool
- Not to drink alcohol
- You can't smoke
- To reduce or eliminate consumption of coffee
- Forbidden to visit a bath or Sauna
- Avoid direct sunlight on the face
- You can not wear glasses. They influence the shape of the nose, so you have to wait until the bone is to use is completely healed.
Possible complications after rhinoplasty
As a normal condition, if, immediately after the Operation, bruising and swelling around the eyes. They are a direct consequence of the damage during the Operation of small vessels. After almost two weeks of the primary swelling and bruising already rising.
Among the early complications, the following problems:
- Very strong swelling
- The infection of the wound
- The divergence of seams
- Numbness of the tip of the nose
If it is these problems in time, contact your treating surgeon and in a timely manner with treatment and prevent their further development.
Among the late complications:
- Perhaps the emergence of callus is
- The formation of keloids
- Omission of the tip of the nose
- The duality of the tip of the nose
- Everest shape of the nose
- Crooked Nose
- The emergence of hump on the nose
- Perforation of the nasal septum
- Shortness of breath
Most of the above complications can be resolved with the help of re-operations. Some of them appear to be due to errors of the surgeon, some the fault of a wrong behavior of the patient during the recovery phase, and the emergence of some explains various functions of the human body.